Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Letter to the Editor

Bruce Robertson
Cline
Eng 102
27 March 2011
Letter to the Editor
            Once again, English is the most dreaded class that I’m taking. It is the only course that I’ve ever had to halfway apply myself in order to attain an A average. The most challenging thing for me this semester has been the literary analysis. So far, the whole semester has been literary analysis. I’ve never felt any great desire or need to dissect writing in order to ascertain the author’s deeper meanings. The good thing about this class is that it’s forced me to do something that I’m uncomfortable with and don’t particularly like doing. Anyone that’s lived a little knows that’s what life is all about. I really appreciate the fact that this class is a challenge for me. Where I once rejected criticism, I’ve learned to embrace it. I’m glad that you always try to push me a little harder and try to get me to analyze a little deeper. Over the second half of this class, I’d like to improve upon the depth of my analysis. I’d also like to continue to analyze and criticize while keeping my proper tone. I’ve always been strongly opinionated, and keeping my proper tone is kind of challenging for me sometimes. Hopefully, I’ll be able to maintain my A average, and then take the skills I’ve learned in this class and apply them to papers I’ll have to write in other classes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment